BMFA Classified Adverts – Terms & Conditions of use.
The BMFA Classifieds is a service provided free of charge to BMFA members and is operated by volunteers at no cost to the BMFA.
1. Each BMFA member may apply for a single registration on www.bmfa.org
2. Registration requires current BMFA membership.
3. The maximum number of items you may have on the site at any one time is 12. Ads will be viewable for 12 days. Adverts must not be moved once posted (by deleting and reposting).
4. The main service is solely for the buying and selling of personal items. Permission must be sought from the administrators before selling items on behalf of other parties. Commercial advertisements may only be posted in the Trade section and must follow the general rules laid out in these Terms and Conditions.
5. All advertisements posted on this site must directly relate to the categories listed within this web site
6. Only items relating to aeromodelling/model flying may be advertised.
7. All for sale adverts must be clear in detail and price, the selling price must be entered in the price field when adding an advert. For sale adverts without the selling price listed will be removed without notice.
8. The promotion of EBAY or similar auctions is prohibited as is the promotion of other classified advert services and links to commercial sites.
9. The classifieds are not to be used as a forum.
10. Urgent notices (such as event cancellations) can be posted in the relevant section on the site. Notices considered to be non-urgent may be removed.
11. All items offered for sale must be legal for use within the U.K.
12. You warrant and affirm that your ads will be honest, decent, truthful and accurate.
13. Your details will not be passed on to any third party other than at the request of a properly authorised law enforcement agency.
14. Ads that are not permitted include (but are not limited to) those containing: Racism, Hatred, Harassment, Defamation, Adult Content, Obscene Material, Nudity or Pornography, Piracy, Hacking , Warez or Any Illegal Content.
15. If goods are purchased from overseas sellers, it is your responsibility to ensure that correct duties and taxes are paid.
16. Your use of the site implies that you will treat the site and other users with consideration and care. Site etiquette must be considered at all times and if, in the opinion of the site admin team, your postings and behaviour on the site constitute causing a disadvantage to other users, you will be considered to be abusing the site. An example of such a breache of site etiquette would be the posting of multiple adverts for the same item.
17. Abuse of the administrators will not be tolerated.
Breaches of Terms & Conditions
Minor Breaches of the terms & conditions will be dealt with in the first instance by a warning or warnings from the site admin team. If breaches of the terms & conditions continue, a further warning and a suspension from the site may be applied. More serious breaches may result in an immediate suspension from the classifieds section. The duration of the suspension will be notified to you by the site admin team.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Your use of the site is at your sole risk. the site is provided to you on an "as is" and "as available" basis. The BMFA expressly disclaims any and all warranties of every kind, whether express or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. The BMFA makes no warranty that
1. the site will meet your requirements,
2. the site will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free,
3. your use of the site will achieve any particular result,
4. the quality of any products, services, information, or other material obtained by you through the site (including, without limitation, any third party resources and third party materials) will meet your requirements, or
5. any errors in our software will be corrected.
The BMFA are not responsible for the content of ads placed by users and adverts are not monitored for unsuitable content as this is a subjective assessment, however if you feel that an ad is unsuitable please contact the office to discuss it. We will remove unsuitable ads as soon as possible after they are drawn to our attention.
Limitations of Liability
The BMFA will not and shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including, without limitation, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses (even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from:
1. any use or inability to use the site;
2. the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information, or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the site;
3. unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data;
4. statements or conduct of any third party on the site; or
any other matter relating to the site or any third party resources, third party materials, or third party businesses. the limitations of liability contained in this paragraph are a material part of our agreement to provide the site to you.